My Blog List

Sunday 19 July 2015

African influenced delicacies

Who doesn't like desserts, especially when you have a sweet tooth like mine. Some of our local delicacies have both an African and East Indian origin, but for this post I would be naming our African influenced desserts; these include' cassava or coconut pone, sweet bread, bene balls, jub jub, sugar cake, nut cake, chili bibi and fudge. I loveeeeeeeeeeeee sugar cake and fudge. These are mostly prepared and found in our sister isle. You can get these is in a store but if you want the real thing Tobago is the place. I think every Trinidadian when they go to Tobago not only look forward to the crab and dumpling but also the sweets.


2 comments:

  1. Funny, I always thought fudge came from else where. I didn't know. Glad I do now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassava pone is the best.

    ReplyDelete